A BIKE FOR THE WAY RIDERS RIDE
When we design a bike, we start with our library of tube shapes. These shapes are shapes we’ve used on other models that we know to have various qualities—aerodynamic, stiff, ultralight, etc.—and they help get us to the refinement stage on a bike more quickly. In the case of Caledonia, we wanted durability, light weight, and aerodynamics to be in balance, and selected a package that achieved the performance demands of this kind of race bike.
INSPIRING & REFINED
Caledonia uses a standard round bar, stem and seat post, giving riders the option to build their ultimate ride without compromise. Integrated accessory mounts and hidden fender mounts keep the bike’s refined lines so you can ride with lights and computers in a downpour and still look fast. Because we all know if it looks fast, it probably is.
STABLE, CAREFREE AND CONFIDENT
Modern road riders are looking for bikes to handle long distance, high pace, no limits and offer maximum fun. By placing lower modulus carbon in key areas to mitigate the brittleness of hi-mod fiber—the bike isn’t delicate. It is made for the way we ride and accommodates 34mm tires or 31mm with fenders.
The Cervélo Caledonia Disc with Shimano Ultegra is a high-performance endurance road bike that combines the versatility of disc brakes with the reliable and precise shifting of the Shimano Ultegra groupset. While specific details may vary based on the model year and any updates made by Cervélo, here's a general description you might expect:
- Endurance Geometry: The Caledonia Disc is likely designed with an endurance-oriented geometry, offering a more comfortable and relaxed riding position for long-distance comfort.
- Carbon Fiber Frame: Cervélo is known for using high-quality carbon fiber in their frames. The Caledonia's frame is expected to be crafted for a balance of stiffness, compliance, and lightweight performance.
- Shimano Ultegra Groupset: The inclusion of the Shimano Ultegra groupset signifies a precise and reliable 11-speed shifting system. The Ultegra groupset is a step below Shimano's top-tier Dura-Ace, providing high-level performance and durability.
- Disc Brakes: The "Disc" in the name indicates that the bike is equipped with disc brakes. Disc brakes offer consistent and powerful braking performance, particularly in various weather conditions, and provide better modulation and control.
- Wide Tire Clearance: Endurance road bikes often feature increased tire clearance to accommodate wider tires. This allows for the use of larger tires, enhancing comfort and traction, especially on rough or uneven road surfaces.
- Internal Cable Routing: Cervélo frames typically incorporate internal cable routing for a clean and aerodynamic appearance. This design choice also helps protect cables from the elements.
- Versatility: The Caledonia Disc is designed to be versatile, suitable for a range of road riding scenarios, including endurance rides and light gravel adventures.
- Comfort Features: The Caledonia may include features aimed at enhancing comfort, such as a compliant seatpost or frame design to absorb road vibrations.
|Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered Caledonia Fork
|FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2
|Cervélo 27.2 Alloy
|Shimano Ultegra 8020, 11 spd
|Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11 spd
|Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11 spd
|Shimano Ultegra 8020 Hydraulic Disc
|Shimano SM-RT800, 160mm
|Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever, 12x100/142
|Shimano Ultegra 8000 52/36
|Cervelo Road Saddle
|Shimano HG800, 11 spd, 11-34
|Shimano CN-HG701, 11 spd
|DT Swiss E1850 23 Spline, 24h (F), 24h (R), 20mm IW, Center-Lock, Tubeless Ready
|Vittoria Zaffiro Pro V Folding G2.0 30c