A BIKE FOR THE WAY RIDERS RIDE
When we design a bike, we start with our library of tube shapes. These shapes are tubes we’ve used on other models that we know to have various qualities—aerodynamic, stiff, ultralight, etc.—and they help get us to the refinement stage on a bike more quickly. In the case of Caledonia, we wanted durability, lightweight, and aerodynamics to be in balance and selected a package that achieved the performance demands of this kind of race bike.
Caledonia uses a standard round bar, stem, and seat post, giving riders the option to build their ultimate ride without compromise. Integrated accessory mounts and hidden fender mounts keep the bike’s refined lines so you can ride with lights and computers in a downpour and still look fast. Because we all know if it looks fast, it probably is.
Rather than designing multiple versions of the bike with various fit profiles (R5, R-Series, etc.) like we’ve done in the past, we designed a system that enables a broad range of fits on a single bike while maintaining the aesthetic and functional cleanliness we demand. Modern road riders are looking for bikes to handle long-distance, high pace, no limits, and offer maximum fun. By placing lower modulus carbon in key areas to mitigate the brittleness of hi-mod fiber—the Caledonia delivers performance, comfort, and speed. Oh, and you can fit a 34mm tire in there. Or 31mm with fenders.
The Cervélo Caledonia Disc with SRAM Rival eTap AXS is a premium endurance road bike that combines Cervélo's expertise in frame design with the precise and wireless shifting technology of SRAM's Rival eTap AXS groupset. Here's a general description of what you might expect from such a bike:
- Endurance Geometry: The Caledonia Disc is likely designed with an endurance-focused geometry, offering a more relaxed riding position compared to aggressive race-oriented bikes. This geometry enhances comfort on long rides.
- Carbon Fiber Frame: Cervélo is known for using high-quality carbon fiber in their frames. The Caledonia's frame is crafted to balance stiffness, compliance, and weight savings.
- SRAM Rival eTap AXS Groupset: The inclusion of SRAM Rival eTap AXS signifies a wireless electronic shifting system with a 1x12 setup. SRAM's AXS technology provides precise and quick shifting with minimal maintenance.
- Disc Brakes: The "Disc" in the name indicates that the bike is equipped with disc brakes. Disc brakes offer reliable and powerful stopping performance, especially in various weather conditions.
- Wide Tire Clearance: Endurance road bikes often feature increased tire clearance to accommodate wider tires. This allows for the use of larger tires, enhancing comfort and providing additional traction on different road surfaces.
- Internal Cable Routing: Cervélo frames usually incorporate internal cable routing for a clean and aerodynamic appearance. This design also protects cables from the elements.
- Versatility: The Caledonia Disc is designed to be versatile, suitable for a range of road riding scenarios, including endurance rides, light gravel, and mixed terrain.
- Comfort Features: The Caledonia may include features aimed at enhancing comfort, such as a compliant seatpost or frame design to absorb road vibrations.
|Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered Caledonia Fork
|FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2
|Cervélo 27.2 Alloy
|SRAM Rival eTap AXS HRD 12 spd
|SRAM Rival eTap AXS 12 spd
|SRAM Rival eTap AXS 12 spd
|SRAM Rival HRD
|SRAM CenterLine 160mm
|Cervelo Indexed Thru-Axles w/ Lever, 12x100/142
|SRAM Rival AXS 48/35
|Cervelo Road Saddle
|SRAM Rival 12s XG1250, 10-36
|SRAM Rival, 12 spd
|DT Swiss E1850 23 Spline XDR, 24h (F), 24h (R), 20mm IW, Center-Lock, Tubeless Ready/Fulcrum Racing 600*
|Vittoria Zaffiro Pro V Folding G2.0 30c